Hi hi!! Hope you’re having a beautiful weekend—it’s the last weekend in February and I can’t believe it!!! I’ll be headed to Palm Springs next week to speak at Alt Summit (if you’re going, let me know below!), so I’m going to share a few of the things I’ve picked up for my trip. Most things are very spring and summer forward and pretty budget-friendly, and I’ve also got some random home items to share.
1. OK, first. McMillions on HBO. WHAT!? This show has taken over my life. #unclejerry
2. This brush. It is the most incredible brush I’ve ever used on my fine hair—it’s like a hybrid between a giant comb and a regular hairbrush. It’s gentler, and I notice there’s less hair in my brush than when I used a regular wet brush.
3. I found a hat similar to this one at a local store here in Nashville, but I love it and I think it’ll go with a lot. I like that this one comes in so many cute colors, too! That blushy light taupe is calling to me …
4. These cute espadrilles were only $20 in my size on Amazon. I see these exact shoes in a lot of online boutiques, but they’re usually about twice the price.
5. This cute round straw bag.
6. I picked up a few dresses from American Eagle—this long-sleeve peasant-y baby doll dress, this darling puff-sleeve number, and this striped wrap style. It’s kind of bananas—a lot of the places I shopped in high school are really stepping up their game and offering really cute pieces instead of a lot of graphic-heavy stuff. It’s fun rediscovering some of these brands!
7. A little out of my price range right now, but I’m obsessed with this shop. They have the BEST band tees and I love this Blondie “Call Me” shirt.
8. If you have a space that needs a shorter seating option, I am smitten with this chair!!! I really wanted to use it in our living room, but it’s too compact … sigh.
9. Just grabbed this rug and hope it works in our space! I absolutely love the colors and it’s an amazing price for an 8×10 hand-tufted wool rug.
10. This neutral accent pillow.
Happy Sunday, friends! I sure have a lot of random recommendations, things to share, and a burning question for you:
1. Here’s what I’m currently reading. I like it but it did take a while to get into. Fantasy books are like that (for me anyway) because you have to learn about a whole new world, sometimes with new terminology, while also getting to know characters and what they are doing.
2. My mom got me a Harry Potter book cover that I love—it’s from this Etsy seller.
3. Recently bought myself this hat. Springfield, MO pride!
4. My favorite necklace is a gold pendant from Madewell, but I recently bought this one to layer with it. Love a pretty gold pendant.
5. I’ve been drinking lots of different teas from this David’s Tea sampler. Probably my favorite so far is “Forever Nuts,” but I love the ADVENTURE of trying new teas. 🙂
6. Is anyone else watching Goop Lab on Netflix? I am loving it!
7. I am a bit of a true crime podcast enthusiast (long time murderino), but Elise recently turned me on to Crime Junkie. I’ve had some painting projects lately so lots of time to listen to murder shows. 🙂
8. Been making lots of recipes from Super Simple lately and I love it! My favorites so far are the sesame orange chicken, Thai basil beef, and chocolate chip cookies. I don’t eat meat all the time, but when I do I often feel kind of lost cooking it because I was a vegetarian for most of the years I was into cooking. Still learning all the time!
9. Question: What’s your karaoke song? I’m curious!
10. Want to know what I currently have on hold at my library? Two books, Bad Monkey and also Tuesday Mooney Talks to Ghosts. I have multiple books to read at my house already too … but I am a bit of book hoarder apparently.
Hope you’re having a great weekend full of whatever you need—cleaning, grocery shopping, adventures, or down time. xo. Emma
I have been spending a lot of extra time on Etsy recently since we are moving soon. I’ve been saving lots of pretty things in hopes of including them in future room projects, and I have been pretty blown away by the selection of removable wallpaper! I love using peel and stick because it saves on the expense of installation when you DIY, and it’s easy to swap out when the time comes to redecorate or move.
Here are a few of my favorite patterns I’ve saved on Etsy recently! Oh, and I am considering using peel and stick in our dining room and laundry, so I’d love to hear which patterns you love the most!
(By the way, the paper pictured above is from Chasing Paper and it’s what I used in Marigold’s nursery.)
1. Pink Mudcloth
This is so pretty and cool. I can see it being used in all kinds of rooms!
2. Pink Cream Terrazzo
I have suddenly developed quite a big terrazzo crush and I’m really liking this pattern.
3. Hand-Painted Watercolor
This is so classic and very appealing to me! My favorite wallpaper patterns are typically soft and neutral.
This makes me so happy because I had a DIY version of this wall in our first kitchen and I loved it SO much. I will always have a soft spot for a clementine wall.
5. Flamingo Flock
Obviously love this!
6. City Plan
This is FUN.
7. Muse Mustard
This is cute. It’s funky, but the color scheme keeps it a little more neutral. I love mustard.
This is so gorgeous—maybe for a nursery.
9. Stone Lastriko
10. Vintage Peony
This is right up my alley. Love a large, neutral floral.
11. Pink Brush
What do you think of this? I’m into it!
12. Pink Terrazzo
These colors are so nice!! I really love this one!
13. Chinese Cranes
Adorable, and of course you know anything Chinese earns bonus points in our home! 🙂
Have a great day! xx- Elsie
Hi! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend! This is the time of year that kicks my ass in terms of seasonal blues, so I am glad I have a lot of projects going on to keep me busy and inspired!
1. I ordered a set of these for Nova’s bedroom. They are so creative and I love that they are handmade!
2. I just got this sweatshirt and it’s so comfy.
3. These are the best Easter baskets.
4. I’m so happy when I find our girls a cool band tee—and this Daniel Johnston tee is so cute for Marigold!
5. This coffee mug is SO cute!
6. Cute pastel hair clips (my kids think they are toys!)
7. You know what is fun to shop for on Etsy? Sage smudge bundles (like white sage with rose petals and cedar and white sage). I’ve been collecting some in anticipation of our upcoming move.
8. Rainbow Vans for kiddos! I’m still getting used to how often our kids need new clothing and shoes (ughhhh)—but oh well, I will gladly order these for spring/summer because *rainbows*.
9. This is for sure my favorite sustainable dress brand. I’d love to hear suggestions for other sustainable brands. I have struggled a bit to find brands that align with my style. Let me know if you have any favorites!
10. I’m in love with this vintage rug, but I don’t need it so maybe you do?
P.S. I recently posted Marigold’s adoption story. 🙂
Valentine’s Day is coming up, and so is Galentine’s Day—but honestly, do we really need a holiday to give our loved ones a gift? I put together a guide with gift ideas for any occasion, like the COOLEST sweatshirt ever, one of Elsie and Emma’s favorite books, brunch-themed chocolates (!!!) and this vintage brass bottle opener. I don’t know about you, but I love when I receive a vintage or thrifted gift from someone. It feels extra thoughtful!
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 / 17 / 18 / 19 / 20 / 21 / 22 / 23 / 24 / 25 / 26
I hope you find something as special and unique as you are on this list! xo. – Jacki
Welp, here we are into February and only 46 days until spring (but who’s counting?). Definitely trying to keep up the joy factor around the house as the cloudy days feel never ending, but little things like putting on makeup (which I don’t always do when just working at home) or doing some room refreshes have helped keep my spirits up. Here’s what else is making me smile this week:
1. That print on my mantel!
2. Keely mentioned loving a concealer in her post about clean beauty buys from Target, so I decided to try this concealer she mentioned when I ran out of my usual one and it’s great! Gotta combat those tired mom dark circles and it does an amazing job.
3. Love this little snack bowl.
4. In an effort to declutter my kitchen counter, I got one of these to look cute on it while secretly holding all our random vitamins and supplements that end up there (like elderberry gummies—hello flu and cold season!) and I LOVE it. It keeps them all contained and out of sight but within easy reach for whenever we need to access them. You could also put mail in here or anything else that clutters your kitchen counter, so I’m sure it will hold lots of things in the future!
5. The perfect spring/summer sunnies.
6. Can I just live in this romper every day?
7. If you’ve ever wanted a SMEG-style toaster but didn’t want to pay, like, $1,000 for a toaster, then this is the one for you! I think we’ve had the same basic toaster since we’ve been married (almost 10 years now), so I thought it might be time for an upgrade and it’s so cute. And if you’re wondering if it comes in pink … yes, it does.
8. Todd and Lola made a “spaceship train” out of boxes last week that we still have in our den and she drives it around every night. It makes me so happy to start to see her use her imagination to create more and more as she grows. She climbs into every empty box and immediately says “3, 2, 1, blastoff!” and starts to drive her new spaceship and I love it!
9. Cutest little toddler dress.
10. Still one of my favorite natural mascaras I’ve ever used and it smells so good! I’d kind of forgotten about it as I kept buying other brands, but I ordered another tube and it’s still one of the best.
No matter what season is happening in your area of the world, I hope you have lots of little joys to brighten up your week as well! You can browse our wishlist and Amazon store if you’re looking for a present to be excited for. xo. Laura